Monday, December 28, 2009

Back in the Saddle, so to speak


Whew. Love the holidays/hate the holidays.

So much work, effort and time for a couple of days. We had a wonderful Christmas here and I am blessed with amazing children, grandchildren and sons-in-law. Really amazing.

Preparing for the holidays feels like a long underwater swim.On December
26th I rise to the surface and gulp big breaths of fresh air. Not that there's time to float and gaze at the sky. The Atlanta Gift Show opens too too soon and I am painting like a house on fire. (I love that cliche...)

Getting ready for market is far more involved than Christmas. There's the booth design, the new art to create, the catalog to update, the samples produced, order forms found, price lists created, blah blah blah.....

Anyway, the work is finally flowing. There's a theme and a look that I like. Finally. This season has been a struggle. I've spent so much of 2009 building a better structure for the business that there hasn't been much time for painting and creative time. Getting the flow back took more time than usual.

And I may be a bit slower than I used to be now that Miss Violet has taken up residence in the studio. She likes to sit on my lap and purr while I paint. Life doesn't get much better than that. The beautiful dog in my favorite imaginary chair is a preview of the new art for 2010. It's the image I like the best so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment