Monday, March 5, 2012

Violet the Cat



Just another day in the studio. I bet you all think that
I get to determine how my day and my painting goes.
Ya know, since it's just me down there. The person who
bought all that paint, that easel, those canvases. You'd
think that person would get to be the boss of that space.

And you would be wrong

. Because Violet is the CEO  of Kathleen Taylor Studio. 
She lives there and I just visit - for 8 to 10 hours at a clip - 
 but still not a full time resident.
 Apparently that makes Vi the Tony Soprano of
my little work space.

This is a picture of us today. The background is the
painting I'm trying to finish. The red is my sweatshirt/stomach
 which Violet has decided is the perfect spot
for some bonding time. Her tail swishes and flicks over the palette,
picking up blobs of paint that she deposits on the
painting.  Have you ever tried to tell a cat
what to do? Cats wouldn't listen to the
voice of God if it was accompanied by thunder and lightening.

I never thought I'd say this, but dogs are easier.
Occasionally they listen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment