Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Decatur Arts Festival


Both of these collage pieces sold this weekend at the Decatur Arts Festival.
Despite the 90+++ degree heat, it was a great show. I got to meet lots of
interesting folks and see old art friends. The image below is a 40th anniversary present for someone's parents who are 70. They must be pretty hip. I love knowing who is going to live with my art. 99% of the time I think the art and the buyer are a perfect match.


This jpeg is a detail of the collage that I titled " The Proposal".
It was gratifying to sell a bunch of the collages. They're a little quirky but
Decatur gets quirky. I love doing collage. It's even better to know that
I can SELL collage. I'll be setting up shop at the Virginia Highlands Summerfest
on Friday. Another very hot weekend to come. Looking forward to the fun. It's a
great show in one of my favorite Atlanta neighborhoods.


No comments:

Post a Comment